A few weeks ago I posted my nighttime routine on our @_supermamas instastory and so many of you wrote in with questions on all the products I used. I will admit that when I put all my beauty essential products in one picture, I realized that it may seem a bit overwhelming. In my defense, I don't use all of them at once. I pace them out throughout the week, but I do use them all.
Before I go into my routine, I want to mention that I have dry to normal skin and that I in no way, shape or form a beauty guru. I am a skin care junkie and as a lot of you may already know, a make up one as well. I try to get facials at least once every 4-6 weeks. I always like to ask questions to my esthetician and have learned a lot from her. These products listed below I have been using for the past couple of months and can personally vouch for them all. My face washing routine does change up throughout the year and I will list alternative products I use below as well. Ok, lets get started!
- Neutrogena Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover - I have been using this product for the past 7 years. I have tried others and no other product comes close to this for me. It removes even the toughest water-proof mascara. The only other product I have tested that may be a tad better is Bobby Brown's eye make up remover, but it also costs a lot more, so I just stick to Neutrogena's. If you are a Target shopper, their Up & Up Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover works just as well and is just as amazing. A great tip is to use cotton swabs to cleanse any left over make up residue under the eyes.
- Facial Cleansing Oil - I love this particular oil from No-Tox life, in fact I love a lot of their products. I am also a big fan of their deodorant collection. (Both me and my husband use them, I particularly love the grapefruit mango scent). ok, back to the routine, I always begin my night time routine by taking my make up off with a great oil cleanser. Since it's the first thing going on my face, I make sure they are organic and vegan. Also, since my skin can get very dry, this helps. Other oil cleansers I have used and like are DHC Deep Cleansing Oil and Mineral Fusion Cleanser
- Gaffer & Child Deep Cleanser - after using the oil cleanser, I follow with a deep cleanser. I am currently using this refreshing Gaffer & Child face cleanser. Other cleansers I love are: Neutrogena Hydroboost Gel Cleanser and Derma E Hydrating Gel Cleanser
- Face Wash Clothes- I don't use make up wipes, I instead opt to use terry towels to cleanse my face. I find it that it's the only way for me to make sure all of my make up is total off my skin. Also, I think its better for the environment. I bought 12 from Ikea and wash them regularly with my laundry.
2. MASKS & PEELS
- EmergenC's Triple Threat Mask- This is a pricey one, but very much worth it. I have been using it for only a month or so, but my skin thanks me every time I use it and has quickly become a favorite. Also, I only use once a week, so I know it will last me a very long time. I make it point to use it on Sunday nights, this makes it easier for me to remember to use.
- IS Clinical Coolmint Revitalizing mask - This mask I use twice a week, generally on Saturday and Wednesday mornings before getting ready for the day. Its a quick hydration boost that never hurts in the morning time. I also always use it to prep my skin if I need to wear event or photo make-up.
- Resurface Retinol Reform - I heard so many great things from so many beauty bloggers about this, that I decided to give it a try and I am so glad I did. I only use this product 2-3 times a week at night time depending on the amount of sun I anticipate to get the following day. you never want to apply retinol products if you expect to be out in the sun all day. I've used other retinol products before and this one has been the least abrasive on my skin. Also, I only use retinol on the days I don't do peels, or the day's I don't use my IS clinical active Serum.
- IS Clinical Active Serum - This I use on the days I don't use Retinol to help prevent any breakouts and help with uneven skin tone. I suggest you apply it with a cotton face pad. Makes a huge difference than applying it with your fingers.
- Emergin C Vitamin C Serum- This product I have begun to only use it in the daytime. Helps fight and prevent free-radicals also helps in combating bacteria that causes breakouts and aids in skin texture and tone.
- Revitalizing eye gel- I use this eye cream every day both day and night. I must say that I am not a HUGE fan of this particular product. But to be fair, I haven't found an eye cream that I just absolutely love and adore. Maybe I just expect a lot out of an eye serum. Because this product was pricey, I probably won't be buying again but do want to use every last drop before I buy switch to a different brand. Until then, my search for the perfect eye cream will continue. I will keep you all posted on any new finds! Just as an FYI, the reason why I didn't return it was because wanted to give it a fair chance and any cream is better than no cream.
4. HYDRATE & PROTECT
- Eminence Herbal Facial Recovery Oil - I absolutely love this stuff. It looks like a small bottle, but all you need are two drops to completely boost your face's hydration. I add a couple of drops to any of my two favorite moisturizers. I also always add a couple of drops to the ends of my hair after curling or when I get out of the shower. This stuff is really amazing if you suffer from dry skin.
- IS Clinical Reparative Moisture Emulsion- I use this moisturizer every other day and every time I use it, it feels like my skin drinks a gallon on water. I usually use this on the days I don't wear my retinol, because I don't like to mix the retinol with any other ingredients other than natural ones and really sink into my skin.
- Control Corrective Healing Lotion - This is a moisturizer I absolutely love to wear on the nights I use retinol. It's a basic face cream that anyone can wear and should be in every women's beauty arsenal. It's also very affordable.
- PIXI Hydrating Milky Mist - This is the first thing I spray on my face when I wake up. Since I don't wash my face in the mornings, just a couple of spritz of this on your face feel so good in the mornings. Always follow with a tall glass of water in the morning
- Trish McEvoy SPF 30 Primer - This product I wear every single day, rain or shine. I wear it alone or under my make up. I love it because it serves both as an SPF and as a make up primer. There are a lot of great SPF's in the market that I have used and love as well such as DELTA MD and Supergoop! Everyday Sunscreen. I am almost out if this particular tube so I will be switching back my SPF this summer to either Delta or Supergoop!
- Konjac Sponge- I don't have an exfoliator cleanser, but do use a konjac sponge a couple times a week with my face cleanser twice a week for deep cleansing of pores.
- Rejuvenate Eye Mask - I use these when traveling or after having a long night. Makes a huge difference. Feels even better when you've kept them cold in the fridge.
- Lip Balm - I have so many laying around my house and wear a balm constantly throughout the day. I can't say I have a favorite, but I am currently loving my lip butter from No-tox life in Rose Petals.
Thanks for reading my super long beauty regimen. I hope you find it helpful. Please hit me up on my Instagram @bricialopez or in the comments below for any questions!